The Piper Method of Conducting Thorough and Complete Investigations was introduced in 2014 in Piper's first textbook: Investigator and Fraud Fighter Guidebook: Operation War Stories. It's also incorporated in his other two investigation books (See publications tab). Since that time, Piper has provided training on his successful methodology to investigators and fraud fighters around the USA - including at the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Global Fraud Conference in Las Vegas, NV is 2016.
WHAT IS THE PIPER METHOD OF INVESTIGATING?
Although Piper's entire methodology cannot be be described in just a few paragraphs, it is the equivalent of conducting ten or more separate but related investigations simultaneously:
1. Investigating for criminal violations
2. Investigating for civil violations
3. Investigating for administrative violations
4. Investigating to determine if the same suspect committed similar wrongful acts
5. Investigating to determine if the suspect committed other somewhat related wrongful acts
6. Considering whether others might have or might be committing the same type wrongful acts
7. Considering how others might commit the same or similar acts in the future
8. Investigating for indications of waste/abuse
9. Investigating for indications of systemic weaknesses
10. Considering ways the system can be improved to prevent future occurrences
In short, the Piper Method of Investigating has been proven to solve new and old cases and help prevent the same (and other) wrongdoings from recurring.
This method is especially effective when investigating fraud, waste and abuse because it not only strives to solve wrongdoing; it also strives to identify the cause and/or contributing factors which led to the wrongdoing and to make recommendations to ensure it does not reoccur!
Please see Piper's books to learn more about the Piper Method. Private Detectives conducting private investigations will also enjoy learning this detailed investigative methodology!
Perhaps the best way to learn this methodology is to read, Investigator and Fraud Fighter Guidebook: Operation War Stories. It's available at booksellers including Amazon.